At Longwood Pediatrics, we know whole kid care begins before birth. Research clearly points to the important ways a pregnant woman’s diet and lifestyle influences her unborn child’s health–for a lifetime! We are experienced in helping women achieve the highest level of health and wellbeing during pregnancy in order to decrease the risk that their children will develop asthma, eczema, food allergies, autism, ADHD, autoimmune illness, etc.
Awareness about the toxicity of food, water, and the environment has grown and myriad studies show that an expectant mother’s exposures can affect her developing baby’s brain, immune and hormone systems. Our recommendations derive from the cutting-edge field of epigenetics and integrate information about nutrition, intestinal health, greening your home, and avoiding toxins.
- Eating as much organic food and possible and only organic meat, eggs, and dairy to eliminate pesticide, hormone, and antibiotic exposure
- Increasing omega-3 fatty acids to improve your developing baby’s developing brain and immune system
- Taking probiotics and vitamin D to keep you and your baby’s digestive and immune systems healthy
- Drinking filtered water to decrease exposure to heavy metals, pesticides, and other common contaminants
- Using green cleaning products that do not contain bleach, petroleum products, phosphates, phthalates, dyes, fragrance, and other harmful chemicals
Prenatal Visit Tours to see our brand new facility and meet our staff are available every Wednesday at 12 pm.
Please RSVP here for Meet and Greet Appointment