Vaccinations in Lake Mary, Altamonte Springs, Sanford, Maitland, Longwood FL
We support childhood vaccination so that your child is protected from harmful and potentially fatal diseases. Longwood Pediatrics is a Patient-Centered Medical Home, recognized by National Committee for Quality Assurance, thus we follow CDC and American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines for childhood vaccinations
Routine Vaccination Schedules
The Routine Vaccination Schedule is determined by the CDC and AAP and it provides guidelines for vaccinations including:
- When to immunize children against certain diseases
- How often to vaccinate children?
- The lowest possible vaccine dose for effective disease prevention
- Integrative Medicine and Routine Vaccinations
• Longwood Pediatrics is a Patient Centered Medical Home recognized by National Committee for Quality Assurance. We believe in the effectiveness of vaccines to prevent serious illness and disability from infectious diseases.
• We strongly believe in the safety of vaccines. We believe that all children and young adults should receive all of the recommended vaccines according to the schedule published by the Centers for Disease Control and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
• We believe, based on all available literature, evidence and current studies, that vaccines do not cause autism or other developmental disabilities.
• We firmly believe that vaccinating children and young adults may be the single most important health-promoting intervention we perform as health care providers, and that you can perform as parents/caregivers. The recommended vaccines and their schedule given are the results of years and years of scientific study and data gathering on millions of children by thousands of our brightest scientists and physicians.
• Finally, if you should absolutely refuse to vaccinate your child despite all our efforts, we will ask you to find another health care provider. You may reach out to your insurance plan for assistance in locating a new provider who shares your views. It is our belief that by not vaccinating your child, you are putting them at unnecessary risk for life-threatening illness, disability, or even death.
• As medical professionals, we feel very strongly that vaccinating children on schedule with currently available vaccines is absolutely the right thing to do for all children and young adults. Thank you for your time in reading this policy, and please feel free to discuss any questions or concerns you may have about vaccines with any one of us.
Interested in Child Vaccinations from Longwood Pediatrics?
Call our Longwood, FL office at (407) 644-9970 today!
Now serving Lake Mary, Altamonte Springs, Sanford, and Maitland, FL!